No one really enjoys scrubbing bathrooms and toilets, right? While we may not overly enjoy doing it, the end result of a fresh sparkling bathroom is very satisfying. It’s also a space in your home you don’t want to put off or skip doing. Even if I’m running out of steam and I’m limited on time, I will never skip the bathroom, that takes priority. Let’s face it, nothing is more embarrassing than having a guest pop over and not having a clean bathroom for them to use. Today I’m sharing a basic checklist to keep your bathroom in tip top shape. I’m sharing daily tasks so that it’s always ready for guests as well as weekly tasks for a deeper more thorough cleaning.
- Daily Checklist
- Wipe down counters and rinse out the sink
- Pick up dirty clothes and towels off the floor
- Hang bath mat to dry
- Rinse the shower/tub
- Wipe mirror if needed
- Weekly Checklist
- Empty trash
- Clear off vanity and surfaces. Wipe everything
- Wipe down the faucets and other fixtures
- Clean/scrub bath and shower
- Scrub and clean toilet
- Wipe down ledges, windowsills, walls if needed
- Wipe light switches and doorknobs
- Sanitize your tooth brushers – clean/wipe down any holders and dispensers
- Clean mirrors
- Wash bath mat
- Sweep and mop floors
- Take time to wash any other linens and fabrics as needed
Tidy tip – when you get a call and someone is stopping in last minute I quick do a once over in the bathroom and get my diffuser going. Orange or lemon is always nice and fresh smelling. But I personally love something sweet like vanilla or peppermint + vanilla.
My favorite products to use in the bathroom:
- Norwex cloths + cleaning paste – I love this for my grout and fixtures. I think technically they say it could scratch chrome, but I’m never experienced this.
- I also use cheap microfiber cloths for general cleaning and wiping down of things.
- Force of Nature spray – great for cleaning and disinfecting
- Baking soda – works great in toilets
- Bon Ami – another natural cleaning option
- Sal Suds – I use this to scrub my toilet as well – Also works great to give the shower/tub a good scrub down.
- Peroxide for soaking toothbrushes
- Thieves Cleaner
Thanks for stopping in today, friends!