Hi-ya there, friends and Happy Friday! So if you’ve been following along on Instagram then you’ve heard me talk about our new home project, our dining room make-over. Well, on a whim I’ve decided to take on the one room challenge this April. I’m so excited to be linking up for this fun adventure over the next 6 weeks. I’ve heard so much about this challenge and I really think having the deadline will get our [mine and the husbands] butts in gear! Our Dining Room currently acts as not only our only eating space, it’s also our Homeschool Room. So I need it to be bright, cheerful, simple [not overwhelming and cluttered] and most important functional. Here are my plans for this room, so far.
- Remove Wallpaper
- we just finished this the other week as well as scraping off the wallpaper paste.
- Prime the Walls
- this was just finished 2 weekends ago.
- Install Bead Board Wainscoting – with a little ledge at the top
- we are running into a bit of trouble with this. I would really like to have it be about 2/3 up the wall. We had some real wood bead board priced from a local dealer and the cost would be about $500…which is a little bit out of our budget. So we are shopping around for a cheaper alternative.
- Remove and Install New Baseboard
- Build up the Corner Cabinet + Install Crown Moulding at the Top
- Paint the Corner Cabinet and Possibly Paint the Interior of the Cabinet.
- Patch all the Holes and Paint the Walls
- I’m leaning in the direction of Alabaster from Sherwin Williams or maybe the same color we did in our living room which is Natural Choice from Sherwin Williams, for the top and Bay Water from Behr, but color matched at Sherwin Williams for the wainscoting…maybe even lightening it by 25%
- Window Treatments
- I am hoping to get curtains, I’m thinking white, maybe cafe style..and I’m hoping to include a couple of new decor pieces as the finishing touch or possible incorporating some ironstone plates on the wall.
- Maybe a rug?
- Maybe a Ceiling Medallion?
Here it is in all of it’s true life evening light glory…no cleaning up for these pictures…haha…
I really hope you’ll follow along for this little make-over of mine, here on the blog! I’ll be checking in weekly and sharing all of our progress!
Thanks for stopping by today, blessings!!
*this post contains affiliate links read full disclosure here