Hello hello friends!! Wow it feels like it’s been forever!! Life has been both busy and slow at the same time, if that’s possible? I don’t know about you guys but I felt like January was never going to end. It felt like the month with 100 days. We had some changes in the month of January in our home. Due to some health issues my husband has gone gluten free and the kids and I are slowly following suit. It’s been a bit of an adjustment but he has seen some positive changes and we are so grateful for that. One thing he has missed is the occasional indulgent snack/dessert which brings me to today’s post.
I’ve been wanting to make him something special but just wasn’t sure what to make. I just so happen to have some really ripe bananas lying around so I decided to go exploring Pinterest for some ideas. I stumbled upon this recipe for gluten free chocolate chip banana bread. I tweaked the original recipe just a little, but I’m really happy with how it turned out. I haven’t gotten the hubby’s stamp of approval so stayed tuned for his verdict. I can say the kids and I love it. Who doesn’t love chocolate chip banana bread though?
If you’ve been following along on Instagram then you know another big change we made, was pulling our son out of public school to homeschool him. It’s been such a blessing having him home and we truly are loving this new season we are in. I’m sure I’ll be sharing all about our homeschool journey in the coming weeks and months! I will say this little baking session was an easy way to tie in a math lesson all about measuring volume. 😉
Now onto the recipe!
You’ll need these ingredients
- 2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Flour – this is the one I used
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (1½ cups)
- ½ cup sugar (I used raw sugar) Sugar in the Raw
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened organic butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½-1 cup chocolate chips ( I used 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, set aside. I like my pyrex baking dishes
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into your loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. (I baked mine for 55 minutes and wish I would have only done 50. It got a little more brown than I would normally like. But it was still delicious!
- Cool you bread for about 10 minutes and then turn over onto a wire cooling rack. Slice and serve warm!
Enjoy and blessings friends!
**This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.**