If you caught my stories on Instagram than you saw my little “how to” video on how to make this simple balm. But, just in case you missed it I wanted to share it here for reference. It’s a simple recipe similar to other balms I’ve made and shared here on the blog. It contains a few basic ingredients and comes together very quickly.
- You will need:
- 1 – 2 oz. tin container
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil – olive oil can be used as a substitute for a creamier more salve like consistency.
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- To make, melt the beeswax + coconut oil + almond oil in a double boiler [or microwave safe pyrex measuring cup]. Once melted, add essential oils and stir well before carefully pouring into your metal tin. Set aside to cool overnight. I like to rub this on sore muscles or my temples when I have a headache. [Please keep in mind this is not safe for children. Also as always use caution when melting your wax. Everything will be very hot and can cause burns when not careful]