Hey there sweet friends! So I’ve been experimenting with some new recipes, mostly breakfast recipes, things that can easily be grabbed for on the go. Or packed for lunch. Not sure if I’ve mentioned this (haha) but my big boy, Braedan is starting Kindergarten in a month. I can’t even believe it. He also just so happens to be my picky eater so I’m literally struggling to come up with ideas for his lunches. I want to make sure he has some kind of variety and not stuck eating peanut butter sandwiches every day. Normally at home I make him eggs, chicken, grilled cheese among other things so that he doesn’t get bored with the same old thing. But I know I can’t easily send those items in his lunch box. I also want to be able to include some treats for him but don’t want to go the over processed route. Insert my favorite banana chocolate chip muffin, and the best part he just gobbles these up.
(Original recipe was found on designeddecor.com)
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 cups flour – you could try 1 cup white whole wheat flour and 1 cup regular flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3 tablespoons sour cream – or try plain Greek yogurt
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 or 3 ripe bananas – I always use 3 bananas
* 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Mix all ingredients together until moistened. I normally use my hand mixer real quick to make the better smooth.
2. Pour into greased muffin baking tray or use muffin paper liners.
3. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Recipe makes 12 muffins.
Happy Baking Friends!